DETROIT, Michigan – Detroit City FC is set for their 2023 home opener on Saturday, March 25 at 4 PM as they welcome fans into Keyworth Stadium for the first time this season following a two-match road trip to begin the season. Opposing Le Rouge in their 2023 home opener will be Indy Eleven FC of the USL Championship’s Eastern Conference. The match will be streamed on ESPN+ with local broadcasting available on TV20 in Detroit and FOX 47 in Lansing.
The gates of Keyworth Stadium will open at 2:30 pm – with the supporter-led March to the Match stepping off from Hamtramck’s Fowling Warehouse at 2:45 pm. Parking is available on select streets surrounding Keyworth.
DCFC has already broken the club’s record for season tickets with advanced tickets for the home opener doubling demand from last year. Tickets are available at the following link: https://www.detcityfc.com/tickets/
2022 was a banner year for the club featuring four of the club’s ten largest crowds ever, including multiple sell-outs. The past season also saw the club featured on ESPN’s flagship station for the first time ever, playing to a 1-1 draw with the El Paso Locomotive in front of a sold-out crowd.
On the field the Men’s side reached new heights, defeating the Columbus Crew of Major League Soccer in the US Open Cup and making the USL Championship Playoffs in their first season at the second level of soccer in the United States. The women’s side continued to lay the foundation for women’s soccer in the city of Detroit.
New this season, at each home match, Detroit City FC will highlight honorary captains who highlight community champions and charitable causes in the city that represent the values of the organization. The first honorary captain recognized will be Hamissi Mamba – co-owner and chef of Baobab Fare, an internationally recognized East African restaurant in Detroit. Mamba and Baobab Fare have received several awards and honors – including winning an episode of Food Network’s Chopped, receiving a nomination for the 2023 James Beard Awards, and several best restaurant recognitions on the local and national stage.
While the atmosphere at Keyworth Stadium will be no different from the high bar set in 2022, there are a few new seating options to enhance the viewing experience.
New Seating Options for 2023:
Bench Box Seating
- Avoid concession lines and order your food through our in-seat food delivery service – EXCLUSIVE to the Bench Box section
- Your own, personal seat with a comfortable back, providing premium views of the pitch
- Invitations to behind-the-scenes activities, including a Football Fantasy Camp, away match road trip, and chances to meet the players and staff
Big Boy Family Section
- Located in the south end of the west grandstand, giving families a view of Detroit City FC’s electric matchday environment of smoke and drums from afar
- Include post-match meet and greets with Detroit City FC players and team mascot, Friendly the Bear
- The Big Boy, Big Savings package, which will include food and drinks vouchers, will be available later this season
Premium Group Section
- Pre-match all-you-can-eat buffet in two new private dining patios
- Reserved, private seating area
- VIP bar access
- A scheduled on-site visit from Detroit City FC coaches or executives*
- Corporate partnership opportunities*
The following food trucks will be at the home opener on Saturday: Srodeks, Nepantla Cafe, Baobab Fare, Big Boy, Balkan House, Pablos Tacos, Slows, Beignets, Amiccis, Detroit City Clubhouse.
For more information about Detroit City FC, visit detcityfc.com.com and follow @DetroitCityFC on Twitter and Facebook and @detroitcityfootballclub on Instagram.
Please send all media inquiries to email@example.com.
Primary Media Contact: Jarrett Maki
(Sports Information Director, Jarrett.Maki@detcityfc.com)