Success on and off the pitch has led to a great winter for our youth teams so far! Check out what they’ve been up to in this season’s youth roundup!
- DCFC City 2008B Rouge wins the U15 Boys Select Div 1 (11v11) in the WSSL Fall League with Coach Mathew Walczowski.
- DCFC City 2011B Gold Team wins the 2022 WAZA Spooktacular U12B_9v9_Silver Division with Coach Logan Evans.
- DCFC City’s 2006B Rouge player Claudio Cavallo makes 2022-23 Michigan BOYS SOCCER DIVISION 4 FIRST TEAM with University Liggett.
- DCFC City’s 2005B Rouge player John Francis makes 2022-23 Michigan BOYS SOCCER DIVISION 4 HONORABLE MENTION with University Liggett.
- DCFC City’s 2006B Rouge player Cass Cooley highlighted as Grosse Pointe News Athlete of the Week Sept 28, 2022.
- 2015 Rouge: League Champions, 8-0 overall and Northville Rush Haloween Classic Champions
- 2013 Rouge: Waza Spooktacular Champions
High School Boys Accolades
- Allen Park: District Semifinalist
- Andrew Stetz: All District & All Academic
- Allen Park Cabrini: District Finalist
- Cormac Moloney: All District & All Catholic
- Zachary Norscia: All Catholic
- Grosse Ile: State Finalist, Regional Champions, District Champions
- Vann Alban, Alex Caldwell, James Duke, Justin McKheen, Joe Molnar, Braydon Syrocki, Christian Syrocki
- Lincoln Park: District Semifinalist
- Valentine Alcaraz, Christian Castorena, Nathan Josupeit: All League, Matthew Olvera, Emiliano Valencia: All League, Cristian Zavala
- Monroe SMCC: District Semifinalist
- Chaz Harrington, Holden Kennedy, Joseph Laginess, Jacob St. Pierre
- Riverview: State Semifinalist, Regional Champions, District Champions, Huron League Champions, All Academic
- Jack Bias, Jacob Bias, Caden Demers (All State 2nd Team, All Region, All District, All League, Team MVP, All Academic, Scholar Athlete), Ethan Emery, Michael Gilleran, Caleb Litten, Angelo Male, Roberto Reyna, Jakob Rose (All District & All League), Matthew Wong, Malachi Wright
- Riverview Gabriel Richard:
- Jacob Kelly, Kenny Kelly (All District & All Catholic), Luke Murray
- Woodhaven: District Finalist & Downriver League Champions
- Jesus Alvarez, Adam Budai, Dominic Duey, Aiden Hale, Dominic Leonardi (All District, All League, All Academic), Dominik Motes: All District, All Academic, Abdul Nawaz, Hunter Schnell, Evan Smith
- Supported the local community by decorating a Christmas tree and cleaning up their home fields at Bicentennial Park
- Sponsoring children in Genesee County for the holiday season with the Old Newsboys of Flint
PLAYER HIGHLIGHT: Grace Pratt
- DCFC Genesee alumna and current Ferris State University soccer player Grace Pratt helped her team win the D2 Regional Championship. They move on to the D2 Final Four for the first time in school history!
- Check out the Advanced Ball Mastery and Finishing session in 2023!
DCFC South Oakland teams and players had a busy fall season! Teams had 3 weekly training options, plenty of competitive league games, traveled to the State Cup and tournaments in Michigan and Indiana, college showcases and more.
Girls State Cup:
- 2007 Girls Rouge Semi- Finalist
MYSL U7-U12 League play:
- 2015 Boys Rouge: 3rd place in highest MYSL division
- 2014 Boys Rouge: 2nd place in second highest MYSL division
- 2013 Boys Rouge: 3rd place in second highest MYSL division
- 2012 Boys Rouge: 2nd place in second highest MYSL division
- 2012 Boys Gold: 2nd place in second highest MYSL division
- 2011 Boys Rouge: 2nd place in highest MYSL division
- 2012 Girls Rouge: 3rd place in MYSL
- 2011 Girls Rouge: 1st place in second highest MYSL division —> undefeated
MSPSP U13-U19 League play:
- 2010 Boys Rouge: 1st place in Classic —> undefeated
- 2008 Girls Rouge: 3rd place in Premier 3
- 2007 Girls Rouge: Tied for 1st place in Premier 2
- 2006 Girls Rouge: 2nd place in Premier 2
- 2005 Girls Rouge: 2nd place in Premier 1
Women’s College Showcase in Indianapolis:
2007 Girls Rouge and Coach Pablo went undefeated in all three games and played some fantastic soccer in front of College coaches from all over the Midwest. Furthermore, the girls, parents and staff had an amazing time off the field at team bonding events.
Welcome Back to our High-school-aged Boys Teams:
After successfully competing for their respective high schools this fall, our boys are now back with us in club soccer! We are very proud to have representation at over 25 different high schools all over Southeast Michigan.
Winter Indoor Season:
All of our teams transitioned to indoor training at our four different indoor training facilities. Indoor games for all teams at Total Soccer Royal Oak and Total Sports (multiple locations) are also in full motion.
- Our older teams have started the College Showcase and spent the last few weekends at the Indianapolis Girls Showcase and the Boys Showcase at Grand Park.
- Our younger teams have kicked off their additional Tech Training sessions under the leadership of our Futsal Director, Danny Dragoi.
- Congratulations to Logan Harkins (05B Rouge) on being awarded the 2023 Yvonne Curtis Community Service Scholarship from MSYSA.
- The 2009 and 2011 Girls Rouge teams at DCFC West have been volunteering for the last 3 years with Core City Neighborhoods in Detroit. This non-profit organization hosts an annual Christmas party for underprivileged youth in the community with over 250 kids attending. Our players collect toy donations, drive down to Core City to deliver the items, clean and decorate the space for the party, and set up the tables with toys/books/stuffed animals for the kids to walk through and receive their gifts for the season. The West girls and their families work hard to collect enough toys for every child and to create a fun and inviting space for the party.
- The girls and families of our 2013 Silver team assembled stockings with needed items and treats for residents at Piquette Square in Detroit, a 150-unit apartment that houses and cares for homeless veterans. There are approximately 19,000 homeless in Detroit and of those, one of three are veterans.
- In addition, they made holiday cards for “Cards for Hospitalized Kids,” an organization that aims to spread hope and joy to kids across the US.