We are seeking a customer service-oriented, experienced and organized restaurant manager to join our growing Detroit City FC team at our new Detroit City Clubhouse bar/restaurant, situated inside the soon-to-open Detroit City Fieldhouse. The restaurant manager will play a key role in handling the day-to-day operations of the restaurant and staff. The restaurant manager will supervise, train and schedule employees, and will ensure all health and safety procedures are met, while contributing to the overall success of the business.
- Manage the business aspects of the restaurant, such as keeping a current liquor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, and setting goals
- Handle paperwork and other administrative duties
- Ensure daily kitchen preparations are completed
- Ensure restaurant space follows all licensing requirements and health and safety guidelines
- Create bartender and employee schedules
- Recruit, train and supervise new staff
- Handle complaints, conflicts, questions and suggestions from restaurant employees
- Keep relevant statistical and financial records
- High school degree or equivalent; or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience working as a bartender, server or manager in a restaurant environment
- Legally able to serve alcohol
- Analytical skills and a solid understanding of business management practices and strategies
- Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to bend and kneel through shift; able to carry 20 or more pounds of supplies
- Work a 10-hour shift when needed in conditions that can be varying
- The right candidate will have a competitive base salary based on experience and skills
- Performance based revenue sharing opportunities
- Benefits including health and paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer: Detroit City FC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status, height, or weight.
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.