Detroit City FC is looking for a full-time, salaried sales person looking to start, or grow, their career with a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization.
Main responsibilities will include generating tickets sales and other revenue opportunities for the club. The right individual is a self-starter who is able to work in an exciting and fluid workplace setting and represent themselves and our club in a consistent, professional and reliable manner. The ideal candidate has sales experience in a sports business role and is looking for an opportunity to join a growing sports club that is making a name for itself on a national and international level.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Detroit City FC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity, veteran status, height, or weight.
View a PDF of the job details here.
- Responsible for selling a full menu of ticket products for Detroit City FC including: season tickets, group tickets and single-game tickets
- Work closely with the club leadership to manage the sales pipeline; executing a sales strategy for potential corporate partners, group purchasers and season ticket buyers
- Coordinate seasonal and other sales staff to meet the club’s sales targets
- Assist club leadership with lead generation and client relationship building to promote the maximization of corporate sponsorship and ticketing revenue
- Represent the club in sales meetings and public settings
- Service partner accounts during season ensuring season ticket, group ticket and sponsor obligations are met and exceeded
- Work with the club leadership to develop promotional opportunities to drive attendance, corporate sponsorship, and ticket sales
- Consistent accurate usage of the company database to report progress of relationships
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in a sales role
- Able to communicate at all levels (including board members)
- Ability to develop relationships and create strong partnerships
- Ability to convert leads and deliver partnerships under pressure
- Ability to negotiate, close deals and influence key stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong telephone skills
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends at certain periods during the season and around special events
- Desire to work in the sports industry
Salary: Starting base pay in the 20’s with opportunities for significant commission-based compensation based on performance.
Applicants may contact Detroit City FC CEO, Sean Mann. Please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com